- Gannet Girl, I’ll try to write more about the service soon.
- Two images seem to capture how I was feeling in my class today. It is as if a conversation has been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years and I have been privy to only 30 seconds of it and yet… I’m expected to jump in. Or… a mentor suggested when I first started thinking about pursuing Ph.D. work that an M.Div. is like a thimble and a Ph.D. is like the ocean. I realized today that there is not much in my thimble and I have to work awfully hard to keep my head above water in this ocean. Sigh.
- Thanks to Steve (too tired to link, he has a great blog at Beyond Assumptions) I was aided in honoring the overwhelmed or anxious feeling, but not attaching favorite thought cycles to it. It is normal to feel this way at the beginning of a Ph.D. program, especially after being away from academics for six years.
- With my reading load as it is… not sure how much blogging will happen, don’t know when I’ll get to that post g.g.
- All shall be well, right? Better go stretch and breathe.