Shalom was kind enough to grant me the Kreativ Blogger award! As this blog has been awfully dry and quite inactive of late, I’m really touched! And inspired to follow through on the award/meme! Perhaps lighten this blog up a bit, eh? Before, I do, though, I need to thank Cynthia for awarding me an inspirational blogger award a LONG time ago. For the old blog. I was so honored because Cynthia is one of THE MOST inspiring bloggers I knew or know, and somehow I never followed up. Thanks, Cyn. Hope you’re doing well!
List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 people…tagging them and letting them know they won! You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sideboard letting the whole wide world know you are KReATIV!
Seven Things I Love:
1. Our beautiful, long-awaited, much-beloved baby girl- but she’s not a thing, so just one thing about her? Sometimes, after eating to the point of truly satisfied (a point she doesn’t seem to reach all that often!) she pulls off my breast with great flair and sighs and then settles her head on the breast as a pillow. Melts me every time!
2. And Kev is not a thing either, so one thing about him? The way he is able to be present, truly present, to people, places, and things.
3. Agave nectar- oh how sweet it is! And what a gift to discover after many months of no refined sugar!
4. Setting and achieving goals- just this week- five chapters of German studied, much vocab reviewed, a messy insurance thing resolved, two thank you notes (at least written every day), b.e.m. post posted, unpacked, travel laundry complete… ah… sweetness…
5. Surpassing goals set- so a weight loss update! I have lost 15.8 pounds in 8 weeks! I LOVE this feeling. I set a goal of 10 pounds by Valentine’s Day which I surpassed by nearly a pound. And my next mini-goal was 10 pounds by Easter… Friends, I think I’m going to shoot right past that goal. I hoped to lose 1 pound over the past two weeks as I was guesstimating and out of control of the food in front of me a lot. But, I lost 3.8! I LOVE THE FEELING OF BEING BACK IN CONTROL OF MY WEIGHT!
6. Lingering at a dinner table with good friends.
7. The excitement of starting something new- we’re hoping to till our first ever garden this afternoon and I am giddy! And in the past year… so much newness… so much excitement. and i have loved it!
Oh, that was fun! I might just have to do that once a week! (But, aw shucks, I managed to turn it into an update… yup, think I’ll have to do this more often, maybe every saturday to really lighten it up!)
So, I hereby award the Kreativ Blogger award to:
Gannet Girl– whose writing is sublime and photography divine.
E.J. – who has created a neat rhythm for her blog and whose posts I always read RIGHT AWAY.
J – whose post on the mistake she thought she made, oh a few days after caroline was born, well, i have quoted it to more people, read it to more people, referred it to more people than I can even remember. And each one has always said, “Wow, she can write!” And has agreed that she did not make a mistake. And I just love the new look to her blog (not that it is THAT new anymore)! And every pic and story, about sweet K! Love you, J!
Little Mary – who has had several blogging incarnations, but this one is by far the MOST kreativ yet!
Wendy – who is brand new to blogging and already sharing wonderful gifts from her home! Thank you, Cuz!
Deb– my aunt, who has a very kreativ new blog title- “Twirly Skirts and Red Balloons”- that I JUST love.
April– whose blog just gets better and better and better the longer I hang around and my goodness can she crochet! And April is VERY close to bringing new life into this world yet again— more kreativ beauty for her blog and for the world!
I love all my bloggy friends and fam, but these are the most kreativ on my list at the moment!
Thanks again, Shalom.