- That My Daughter Loves People and People Love my Daughter- There was a specially called presbytery meeting this morning, right during prime nap time for Caroline, but… she rose to the occasion, again. So many fascinating people to look at… how could she not? And people practically fought to hold her- expressed jealousy when another was blessed with the opportunity (EVEN WHEN HER PANTS WERE FULL!) And she was happy to be held by anyone and flashed smile after smile. She once again didn’t want to be draped as that would mean she’d miss something, goodness knows that’s intolerable! I love that she’s like this though… so in love with people and so lovable too.
- Feeling Wanted– So I’m preaching again this coming Sunday at another church in the presbytery and then again on July 5th, and shockingly, on July 19th at one of the church’s where we’ve been worshipping all year. (This is shocking because the pastor there has not vacated the pulpit once since we’ve been there- oh, since mid-July last year! And for some other reasons too.) It is one thing to get four preaching gigs within a month of going on the pulpit supply list; that feels nice. But then at presbytery today, the pastors of the next two churches where I will preach (one of which was the host church for the meeting today) were practically bragging that I would be preaching for them. And the church members were beside themselves with glee. Gosh, wow. Thanks. Felt nice. Hope they’re not disappointed.
- A Wish Come True?- So heard at presby today that there might be a church that could use Kev’s musical services on a weekly basis and my preaching as frequently as I’d want- regularish. Wasn’t I just fantasizing about this? And it northeast of the city, and we live in the northeast part of the city. It is not that far away! Hmm… Love the possibility. Waiting for an e-mail.
- Little Girls Knocking On the Door- and asking “Are you going to work on your garden today? We want to help.” In a lovely southern drawl, wish I knew how to write that! I was still dressed up from presbytery, and actually was thinking about walking to the post office on a relatively cooler day (plus, my muscles are sore after three straight days of weeding), but I realized I could easily direct their weeding, so I put flip flops on and headed out there with them. They only had about 15 minutes to work, but they got a lot done, and provided lovely conversation. The older sister of one of these girls helped me the other night, and apparently was ticked off at her mom another day for taking her somewhere because she really wanted to help me. I wanted to get some weeding done every day this week. I didn’t have it in me today, but some got done anyhow. Alleluia! Love it.
- The Arrival of the Godfamily- Caroline’s godparents, our dear friends, and their beautiful baby girl who is exactly 2 months old today, arrived safely today and we just had a lovely evening of dinner and sorbet with them. It was so delicious to soothe a lightweight baby and nuzzle her close. And so marvelous, when Caroline woke up shortly before they left, to share our rapidly growing and developing girl with them, and to watch Caroline marvel at little Abby. And just to be with these good friends again. Love it.