- Happy Accidents– So on the menu for tonight was lemon-lime hummus and tabouli. I picked up the produce for the tabouli at the Farmer’s Market yesterday. I also picked up some more quinoa at the natural foods grocery for a casserole that has made its way into our regular two week rotation. Early this morning, after likely not enough sleep, Kev made the hummus and soaked the “bulgar” for the tabouli- the one step I asked him to do. I then slowly pieced together the tabouli over a five hour period in between Caroline’s dramatic mood swings. Just before dinner I realized that Kev had soaked the quinoa rather than the bulgar, and thus we had basically raw quinoa in our tabouli. I was quite worried that the tabouli wouldn’t be palatable, BUT… it tasted great! And… is closer to gluten free this way! Hooray! Love it! And will be enjoying the leftovers.
- BEANS– seemingly out of nowhere, nearly fully grown in our garden. Woohoo! Love this!
- Target Practice- O.K., I suspect this is going to get old, but Caroline has taken to trying to combine her motor skill developments with her feedings. She’ll roll partly away, push up and try to long-distance latch-on, almost like target practice as she dives for the nipple. It is incredibly funny and cute. At the moment- love it!
- The Produce in our Dinner Tonight- Almost entirely locally grown and/or organic! Love that!
- Shopping Around- On the last big grocery day we stopped at the International Market and the big, daily Farmer’s market in addition to the usual Kroger. I think we’re going to do that again. A lot of the produce lasted MUCH longer than stuff we get at the grocery store and it feels good to support smaller operations. Oh, and we’ve thrown a stop at Aldi’s in where we got a great deal on meat last time around. I like piecing together our groceries this way!