- This Newfound Ability to Nap- Especially as sabbath keeping will be disrupted by preaching tomorrow, the unplanned long nap I took with Caroline today- LOVE IT!
- Celebrating Independence Day With Mexican Soup and Ugly Betty- Hey, why not? It’s a free country, right? Love it.
- When the Weather Makes the Decision- I had been feeling torn. There was a wedding at church tonight to be followed by heading outside to see the city’s fireworks. As it is Caroline’s first 4th of July, I thought perhaps it would be nice to head out, but… taking your baby to something that might be scary at an hour when she’s likely to be grumpy anyhow? Didn’t sound like a great idea to me. And Kev’s interest was low. So when it started to sprinkle, and then to pour… it was easy to let. it. go. Love it. Another year she’ll see the fireworks. And we’ve been hearing and seeing local ones all night. I didn’t realize all that was possible with at home fireworks! I still don’t get the attraction to them… but… I love that the rain kept us in and yet we’re get a taste of the 4th afterall.
- A Baby Sound Asleep in Her Crib in Spite of Regular Explosions- Love it. Now stay asleep baby… blow our minds and sleep right through. THAT would be a memorable 4th of July.
- A Little Help from my Friends and Fam- And an old stale sermon has new life. As I read it to Little Mary earlier today it finally didn’t feel stale anymore. Must re-read before bed, but it took the sermon doctor, my dearly beloved, and little Mary before I finally felt I could print. L.M. asked if it took longer than writing a new sermon. Nope. No way. Three to four hours vs. Twelve to Fifteen (at least). (Not counting the DAYS of sermon organizing before I found this old sermon…) Love you guys!
- Plans for Tomorrow– Getting together with my new friend Sam and her family for the first time in awhile after church tomorrow. She lives pretty close to the church where I’m preaching. Looking forward to that. Love that we have something social planned.
- New Tomato Stakes– Kev took that nap time to get our tomato plants up off the ground. He did a great job. I’ll have to get pics later. The plants are fabulous and they look so much better tied up. You can really see how they’re growing. Love it!
Um. o.k., so this is a warm and fuzzy blog these days. All the things I love… which is great… but… here’s something I don’t love. BUG BITES. Kev has a ton of them, I have less, but several. And we just discovered today that Caroline does too. I think maybe they’re chigger bites. Lots of little bites all over the place that seemed to be on time delay in showing up. They are along lines where clothing is tighter. Does anybody know anything about chigger bites? Should we be concerned? Is there anything we can do to treat them or prevent them in the future? Earlier this week we walked through some grassy stretches on our morning walk. My best guess is that that is when we got bitten, but… I don’t know. Could they have gotten into our tent last week?