- The Ability to Let Things Go- This doesn’t come easily or naturally to me. It came accidentally though this week… and I realize that though I’ve taken more naps than ever before in my life in the past seven months of motherhood, I’ve also been pushing pretty hard- not just seven months plus one week ago for eight or so hours- but in general… learn german, attachment parent intense baby, readjust a lot of things in life, tracking a lot of things more intensely… lots of stuff… and I think my body/mind just said “ENOUGH” and so though I was busy this week… I wasn’t productive. And this weekend in Florida I was neither especially busy nor productive. And I love that this is o.k., and that I am o.k. with this.
- Gluten Free Pizza Delivered- We were tired on Friday night and didn’t feel up to keeping a baby entertained at a restaurant. I really just wanted to order pizza in… but avoiding wheat… didn’t seem possible… but found a pizzeria that makes a gluten free pizza (and lots of other gluten free italian goodness)- LOVE GOOGLE, but i’ve said that before so it won’t get it’s own category this week- and we resolved to go pick up a gluten free pizza to enjoy in the room. But when I called to order I caught “delivery” in the rapid fire greeting- “you deliver?” “Yes, we do!” And they did. And it was really, very satisfying. Woohoo! Love it! If you’re ever in Sarasota check out Vertori’s.
- Certain Expressions from Grandma- When we asked Kev’s grandma if indeed her beloved Charlie had had a dimple in his chin (the source of our girl’s dimple, we think!) she confirmed. And then she said “You know what they said, ‘dimple in the chin, devil within’.” Didn’t know that. Will remember it. And today she was commenting on the difference between certain siblings and I asked her if she had any siblings, indeed a brother. And when I asked if she and her brother were different she declared “As different as chalk from cheese”. Never heard that expression before! Love it!
- Finding a Decent Movie on TBS- with which to relax last night. Ah… a movie I wouldn’t pay to see, but was happy to see for free, even with commericals. Love it.
- Getting Text Messages with GREAT NEWS- So happy for a few friends! Love it!
- Hearing Joy in My Sister’s Voice on Her Birthday- Last Thursday, she turned 30. Birthdays are sometimes rough for her. She sounded happy and assured of the love that surrounds her when we talked on 30. Love that.
- The Generosity of Family- That made this trip possible. It was good to get away. Love it.
Plus One- The Ability to Pick Things Up Again- Free wireless and free time at this airport to get back on track with naming gratitude through things I love; the discipline to count points again starting tomorrow and to get back into daily study; the support to make all this possible. Love it.