- Warmer Toilet Water in Summer- Have you ever rinsed out a cloth diaper? If you have, then maybe you get why I LOVE this. If not, I’m o.k. with you thinking I’m crazy.
- Being Below Goal Weight- Hot diggety! Got there today! Weight Watchers is free again. LOVE IT! Haven’t been this weight in years.
- Getting Back into Routines- Kev has been cooking all afternoon, sort of all day. We did the big shopping run yesterday. I wish I had helped him cook, but Caroline continued to boycott napping all day and I had sermon prep to do for tomorrow, so he’s been on his own. I will post our meal plan for the next two weeks next. We’re headed to our favorite local Mexican restaurant shortly, our cooking day treat. But here’s the thing I realized this morning as I rejoined the women from congregation number 2 for the Saturday early morning walk- we got out of so many rhythms in July. I didn’t do the early morning walk with them even once in July. I dropped this blogging mid-July. We didn’t really shop and cook ahead in the same way for all of July. I don’t think we went to the Mexican restaurant in July. I’m glad it is August. I liked our rhythms and routines and I LOVE getting back to them. There are a few more I want to get back, but we’re getting there.
- Cherries- I’m on a gluten free zucchini bread kick. I’ve tried two recipes already and have the next one lined up. Next I will try this one. Zucchini bread with cherries! YUM! It was only a few years ago that I realized how much I love fresh cherries. And I really love that the bunch I have in the fridge right now are LOCAL from a farm only 5 miles from our city. Caroline likes cherries, too! She sucked away gleefully on several cherry bits in her mesh teether this afternoon. Smart girl. Love, love, love cherries. I’ll let you know if I love the bread.
- The Blog that Recipe Came From- It’s new to me, but so far, what I’ve seen… I’m impressed. Do you receive C.S.A. boxes, or grow your own produce, or shop your farmer’s market weekly- well then this is a good blog for you to check out. Especially if you’re also seeking to be gluten free, or are open to reducing your gluten intake. Glutenfreeforgood... check it out.
- That Lance Armstrong Just Happened to Come Out of Retirement This Year- Uh yeah, it made recycling that sermon from 6 years ago so much more feasible. Thanks, dude.
- A Conversation Had While Walking This Morning- Really honest reflection from one of the woman who has ben a part of congregation number 2 since EARLY in its history- it is just over 10 years old. Her first date with her now husband was a youth meeting at this church, before, maybe, it was officially called a church. Anyhow… she was very honest and candid about what it means to her to be part of an African-centric Christian church with a heart for social justice, and in particular what it means to be a part of such a church that happens to be a part of a racist denomination. She shared about how awkward she feels about bringing their approach to worship to other churches in the presbytery because she feels that what they do is received as entertainment more than as authentic worship. But she was very reflective about the fact that what many white Presbyterians consider to be worship isn’t worshipful for her and helped me understand her reactions to written liturgy on a deeper level. I hope she felt heard. I really value the honesty and depth of her sharing. I loved it, in fact.