- A Four Nap Day- Two naps for Caroline (both much needed after a late night with many awakenings) and one nap for mommy, one nap for daddy. As one adult napped with baby the other cleaned/organized. Love it.
- The Tomato Garbanzo Bean Salad Linked to Below- Had it with dinner tonight. Yum. Yum. Yum. The brats we had were darn tasty too.
- Tax Free Weekend- I didn’t notice that the sales tax here is especially high and extremely pervasive (even food is taxed)- partially because I came from a state with fairly high sales tax. But really, our sales tax is significant. It has to be. Because there is no state income tax here… which seems nice, until I think about it. This system is TERRIBLY regressive. But wait, this is supposed to be about things I love. Well, this weekend is tax free weekend. Not everything is free of sales tax, but lots is… I got some hiking shoes today for a hike we’re going on next weekend. The price tag said $49.99 and that is exactly what I paid. Love it.
- Hearing Delight in my Mom’s Voice- My mom is at a family reunion for a branch of her family with whom she has not connected in a long time. And she called today to check in. She is having a MARVELOUS time. She wants to share this part of the world and family with her children. I loved the delight in her voice. (Even if I sounded disinterested or cranky… sorry… i was tired, mom.)
- Things to Look Forward to- Caroline’s first pool party (and opportunity to wear a swim suit!) and a visit from her Pa and Abuelita tomorrow…
- Finding More Efficient Ways to Do Things- I spent a chunk of this past week transferring notes I had taken into an outline for the paper I hope to write and finish this coming week (so maybe I have a few free days before the semester starts… maybe…) The first day or so of this was extremely tedious. The last day I hit my stride and figured out a much smoother way to go about it. And I got it done! Love it!
- The Difference a Vacuum Makes- Seriously…. wow. Love it.