Turned the last paper in a few minutes before 9 tonight.
I can’t return the graded papers until I get the high sign from the prof, but… it seems that this semester that seemed like it would never end has ended.
Had kind of a bummer experience this afternoon which amplified a bummer experience from earlier this week, unbloggable, but that has taken the elation out of the being done.
In any case, looking back on this semester, things for which I’m grateful?
- dropping a class for the first time ever. so necessary and so smart.
- not taking this class off my google calendar so i’d get reminders about it every thursday and then think “ah… i don’t have to do that.”
- managing to get through a whole very demanding semester with only one all-nighter.
- forming quality relationships with several of my students
- getting into a non-anxious place about grading
- digging deep in Augustinian texts
- making some sense of Levinas
- caring more about learning than about grades
- committing to Living Church
- maintaining my weight loss
- crawling up and out of a very low emotional spot
- friends and profs who listened at crucial moments
- kev’s steadfast love and support
- caroline, caroline, caroline