The colleague who was scheduled to deliver the charge to the co-pastors at our installation this past Sunday had a family emergency and was unable to join us. Thanks be to God for another marvelous colleague who was already planning to be there who pulled together a BEAUTIFUL charge at the last minute.
I asked her for a copy of it, and particularly for the prayer she offered at the end of it, and I want to record it here for my future reference…
1. Remember why you said yes. Write it down. (that will be the next blog post.)
2. Joshua 1:9- “I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (This was very much the message of the sermon as well– FEAR NOT.)
3. Our county is known for it’s creative, entrepreneurial character– she attributes this to the Holy Spirit. We were charged to foster it.
4. Love the people. Love each other.
5. Pray for the people. Pray for each other.
6.Prayer of St Teresa of Avila
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
Theresa of Avila